Travel Made Safe
It may look a little different, but we’re still offering the same great service!
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, so does our Medicine Hat Accommodation Association (MHAA) hotel members’ safety measures and planning. As always, the safety and well-being of our guests and team members remain our highest priority. Our hotels take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Here are a few of the steps MHAA hotels have taken to protect guests and team members:
- Implementing a social distancing policy, asking guests to maintain a 2-meter distance from others.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotel.
- Mandatory masks in common areas.
- Contactless check-in and check-out
- Reduction of daily room housekeeping to be on request only
- Hotels with complimentary breakfasts have moved to a grab and go system with pre-packaged bagged breakfasts or an on-demand professionally served breakfast.
- Reduced touch-points throughout the hotel, including the removal of non-necessary items in rooms and common areas
- Increased frequency of cleaning public areas and continue to use hospital-grade disinfectant
- Guests are asked to self-identify if they have been in contact with someone who is/may be infected or those who have traveled internationally.
Pools Now Open!
A single guest or household may use a hotel swimming pool or fitness centre. Guests MUST book appointments to use these facilities and follow public health protocols while using these spaces. Swimming pool and fitness centre appointments can be made at the front desk of the hotel.
We know plans can change last minute, especially lately! All of our member hotels offer rates that include free cancellation. Check with your preferred hotel to see how many hours in advance you need to notify them.
Other details you might need to know:
Effective February 8, 2021 Restaurants can be open for in-person dining. Click here for restaurants open in Medicine Hat.
If you haven't been to Medicine Hat in a while click here for a link to updated Community Covid-19 Information. As of December 4, 2020, the City of Medicine Hat requires the wearing of face coverings or masks in indoor public places and public vehicles.
The full list of provincial enhanced public health measures can be found here,
Travel safely! We’re here for you!